As the country has opened back up and cases are spiking in many states, President Trump and the CDC strongly 殺新冠病毒口罩 recommend that everyone wear a face mask when they leave their home.
Some cities and states are now mandating that you must wear a mask – even in your own backyard!
But, tying a bandana around your face or using a cheap surgical mask a) doesn’t work that well b) is hot and uncomfortable.
Plus, most made-at-home masks have significant “leakage” around the nose and under the mouth.
Luckily, there are secured 95% filtering, comfortable masks.
As we navigate these uncertain times, there is a lot of confusing information out there.
Many things are changing by the minute:
- Statistics and predictions that leave us reeling
- Science that is constantly evolving
- Recommendations for public health can be inconsistent
- A steady stream of “fake news” flooding in
All we can do is do our best to look after ourselves and others, and that’s why I’ve been trying to share what helpful information I can from a trustworthy, science-based, natural health perspective.
One of the most confusing pieces of advice lately has been around mask-wearing.
Does it work? Should mask-wearing be mandatory?
According to my professional perspective, here is what you really need to know about wearing a face mask today (and why the truth might surprise you).
The best basic measure is still to keep up with regular, thorough hand-washing with warm water and soap.
But there is one important step most Americans ignore, and this can go a long way toward keeping your body safe.
Is your hand-washing technique leaving you vulnerable to illness or worse?
I think you’ll wonder why you didn’t start doing this weeks ago…
5 MAIN RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE PUBLIC
- Stay at home in your “safe zone”.
- Avoid public transportation. Walk, use your car.
- Avoid closed spaces with A/C.
- Avoid contact with people without face masks.
- Sanitize hands after touching anything outside of safe zone.
Things You Should be Aware of:
- People without face masks are a risk for you and for your close ones.
- Droplets can spread up to 7 meters.
- Expect that everything outside of safe zone is contaminated. Don’t touch your eyes.
- On metals and plastics, the virus can persist for days. Disinfect your cell phone.
- You can create your own disinfection, ideally 60%-70% alcohol.
- Always wear a face mask outside (even homemade)
- A used face mask should be treated as contaminated. Disinfect or boil it.
- Slower breath increases the efficiency of any face mask.
- Protect your eyes with any glasses
- Protecting your eyes is as essential as the protection of your breath.